DaVita STAR Registered Nurse | Hemodialysis Training Program in Templeton, California
As a Dialysis Nurse in
training, you will improve the lives, form lasting relationships, and have fun
As part of our
professional team of clinicians, you will ensure the compassionate,
professional delivery of all dialysis-related nursing services in an outpatient
setting. As a nurse at DaVita you will constantly be working in a fast-paced,
constantly evolving environment with new challenges to trouble-shoot and
overcome. Make the most of your nursing skills to provide the highest level of
care to our patients and ensure their safety, comfort, and wellbeing.
Our STAR Program is a 9-10 week paid training
period in which you will gain the dialysis skills needed for a career at
What can you expect
working as a Registered Nurse at DaVita?
Patients - Help patients
improve their quality of life by delivering outstanding clinical outcomes.
Success at a DaVita
dialysis facility is measured by how well patients respond to their dialysis
treatments. As an RN you work with a
team to ensure that each patient receives the best care possible, and in
turn lives a healthier life outside of the clinic.
Relationships - Build
long-term bonds with your patients and their families.
As a dialysis nurse you
see your patients three to four times each week for a few hours at a time,
while they receive their treatments. The dialysis lifestyle can be very trying
for our patients. By forming relationships with them, our nurses understand
each patient's unique needs and help ease some of their burden.
Team - Your team
supports one another and creates a fun work environment.
Give me a T, give me an
E, finish it up with an A and an M - what's that spell? TEAM! We have
seven Core Values that we live and work by and Team is one of them. We
work hard - sometimes under pressure - but we work together with the common
goal of delivering the best patient care and supporting each other in the
- We definitely work as a Team. It can be stressful at times and having a good Team means that we all help each other out despite our job title. I've worked in other clinics and there is nothing like what we have here. - Elizabeth B.
Some details about this
- You will be trained for 9-10 weeks with a class of newteammates at a training clinic or facility
- Hours of work may vary during the training period;however, you will typically be working between 32-40 hours per week duringtraining
- Your training will include acombination of classroom and hands-on learning
- At the end of your training, our intent is tofind you a position within San Luis Obispo County
- This position may require that you will be willing tofloat to various clinics during and after your training
- You must have a flexible schedule and able to workmornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays
A Shining Star RN should
- Current RN license in the stateof practice
- Current CPR certificationrequired
- ICU, CCU, ER, or MedSurg experience is preferred
- CNN or CDN preferred
- A.D.N from accredited school ofnursing required; B.S.N preferred; three-year diploma from accrediteddiploma program may be substituted for nursing degree
- Completed training programapproved by the medical director and the governing body as required by CMSguidelines prior to operating the water treatment system
- Experience assessing, troubleshooting and making sound recommendations in stressful situations
- Flexibility like a gymnast -okay, not literally. What we mean is someone who thrives in an environmentthat is constantly changing and will face new challengeshead-on.
- Excellent communication skillsto listen and communicate with patients and teammates
- The ultimate multi-tasker, whohas great time management skills and can prioritize their responsibilities
Are you ready to make a
difference in the lives of your patients and enjoy the support of a stellar
team? If so, we'd like to speak with you.
Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn
DaVita is proud to be an
EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse
testing and background verification checks.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.