DaVita Specialist, Cash Applications in Tacoma, Washington
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
This position accurately posts cash deposits to patient accounts and general ledger accounts to ensure department goals and objectives are achieved.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to analyze and interpret information on Remittance Advice (RA)/Explanation of Benefits (EOB)
- Accurately apply payments to the appropriate patient claims and/or accounts in various billing systems and/or General Ledger accounts
- Balance all posted amounts to check and batch amount; troubleshoot as necessary; resolve any out-of-balance conditions
- Research difficult Remittance Advices for resolution to avoid posting to the unapplied cash account
- Know, understand, and comply with all department and company policies and procedures including all SOX documentation and practices
- Research specific General Ledger accounts as needed
Other duties as assigned
Able to work overtime with little or no notice
- Consistent, regular, punctual attendance as scheduled is an essential function of this position
- Assist other areas within Cash Applications including Imaging (ICU)
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of six (6) months office administrative experience required
- Strong typing and data entry skills by touch
- Strong 10-key skills by touch
- General Ledger knowledge required
- Proper claim accounting knowledge required
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, and Excel required; basic proficiency in Access and PowerPoint required
- Medical billing or accounting background preferred
Join us as we pursue our vision " To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen . "
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
To learn more about our Village and the world of dialysis, click here .
Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex,gender identity,sexual orientation, national origin, disability orprotectedveteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.