DaVita Denials Management Analyst in Tacoma, Washington
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This position is responsible for leading and/or actively supporting the execution of strategic initiatives, process re-design, root cause analysis, metric/report development, and special projects as it relates to denials management. Applicants must demonstrate creative thinking and innovative problem-solving abilities. He/she will have management accountability for the definition and execution of the project plans including project initiation, planning, execution, controlling and closing out the project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Lead and drive denial prevention projects
- Identify system and process improvement opportunities to reduce and prevent denials
- Utilize innovative problem solving tactics in order to streamline complex billing problems, maximize collection efforts, and provide recommendations for improvement and efficiency in processes
- Communicate and facilitate review sessions on key denial findings with leadership, key stakeholders and functional areas
- Engage appropriate teammates or support teams to develop and implement solutions
- Serve as a liaison between operations and other departments to ensure business needs are met
- Support and provide recommendations to the Reimbursement Operations Management Team via business acumen and technical knowledge
- Participate in CQI (Continuous Quality Improvement) projects and process design/reengineering or other committees designed to improve effectiveness/efficiency of the business
- Meet tight deadlines in a time sensitive and resource constrained project environment
- Provide frequent project updates to manager
- Perform root cause analysis, prepare and implement action plans, and lead improvement projects/initiatives
- Develop detailed reports to support performance and strategic business initiatives
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of performance metrics to business and senior leadership team as requested or scheduled
- Maintain reporting continuity, integrity, and communication among analytical departments
- Define policies, procedures, training and documentation requirements to support process/policy changes
- Become proficient in all areas of the revenue cycle and support other functions are needed
- Identify, recommend and enact opportunities for learning and teachings within the denials management team
- Attend team meetings, phone conferences, and training as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned or required
- Travel required: up to 10%
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Bachelor’s degree required from accredited university with a focus in Business, Project Management, Engineering, Statistics or Health Admin or equivalent experience preferred
- Critical thinker with demonstrated ability to perform root cause analysis, draw conclusions, solve problems, prepare and implement action plans, and lead improvement initiatives
- Inquisitive and self-started with a high degree of initiative, urgency, attention to detail, and follow through
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with an acute ability to listen attentively and to communicate effectively throughout all levels of the organization
- Solid data analysis experience with the ability to work effectively at both detail and big-picture levels
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency in MS Excel, Access, SQL, or other analytical applications and be willing to learn new internal systems and tools
- Demonstrated project management and/or consultative skills when addressing complex inquiries from teammates, customers, and business partners
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage/lead multiple projects simultaneously and in a multi-site environment
- Ability to make timely and quality decisions
- Ability to influence peers and build strong relationships across departments/teams and can demonstrate poise and assertiveness in holding peers accountable
- Prior health care reimbursement, denial management, and/or revenue cycle experience
- SDLC experience or other project management approaches
- Data analytics experience
- VBA or other programming experience
Join us as we pursue our vision " To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen . "
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
To learn more about our Village and the world of dialysis, click here .
Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.