DaVita STAR Acute Registered Nurse ( RN ) in St. Louis, Missouri
Work autonomously as an Acute RN in an intense
hospital environment - without the typical hospital routine.
Provide the highest
level of care across one or more of our hospital units and ensure your
patients' safety, comfort, and well-being with a patient to nurse ratio
typically not more than 2:1.
As an Acute Hospital
Services Registered Nurse at DaVita you are on your toes working in a
fast-paced, constantly evolving environment with new challenges to
trouble-shoot and overcome daily. Your sense of purpose and accomplishment at
the end of each day is powerful.
You are the dialysis expert
and the hospital staff relies on your expertise. As an Ambulatory Health Care
RN you will be held to the highest standards (‘The Gold Seal’ by The Joint
Commission) of patient safety and quality of care.
Some details about this
Acute Dialysis Staff RN STAR Training position:
- You will be trained for approximately 12 weeks with aclass of new teammates. If you havedialysis experience, training time will be reduced.
- Your training will include acombination of classroom and hands-on learning, through DaVita’saward-winning training programs
- This position may require floating to various hospitalsand/or traveling away from your home area during training. Be sure to ask your recruiter about commute range for this position.
- You must have a flexible schedule and be able to workmornings, evenings, weekends, and holiday, including unexpected long daysand mandatory overtime.
- Youmay be required to travel away from your home area during the trainingperiod
What can you expect as
an Acute Dialysis RN at DaVita?
Patients - Help your
patients, when they need it the most.
Patient care is our top
priority and we look for teammates who share our commitment to Service
Excellence as well as Continuous Improvement. You can build your career in
nephrology and practice multiple therapies (Peritoneal, CRRT, Apheresis, etc.)
as an Acute Nephrology RN at DaVita.
Manage your patients on your own in a hospital setting.
As a teammate in an acute setting, you will typically be the only dialysis
nurse in the hospital during your shift. You are not alone though. You will work
very closely with the hospital staff each day to assess, troubleshoot, and make
sound decisions for critically ill patients.
Intensity - Expect the
No two days are ever the
same for an acute dialysis nurse- long
days and on call are required . The setting is dynamic and each patient's
needs are unique. When you walk in the door each day you don't know what
patients you might have, their condition, when you will get them or when you
will be done for the day.
"I love problem
solving and the challenge of the role of acute nursing. I get a lot of respect
from the doctors and my team." - Ginny E.
shining star for an Acute Hemodialysis STAR Registered Nurse will have:
- Current andvalid Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state where practicingrequired
- Willingness to work a flexibleschedule with mandatory overtime required due to the nature of the acutetreatment you are providing. Long days without notice also required.
- Medical/surgical (Med/Surg),Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Critical Care Unit (CCU), and/or Emergency Room(ER) experience - preferred
- Graduate of an accreditednursing program required; Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN), Bachelors ofScience in Nurse (BSN) and/or Masters of Nursing (MSN)
- CurrentCardiopulmonaryresuscitation (CPR) certification required; Advanced CPR certification- preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) and/orAdvanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) - preferred
- Experience assessing, troubleshooting and making sound recommendations in stressful situations
- Physical Requirement:nurses often have to push/pull large hemodialysis machines around thehospital with little or no assistance
- Excellent communication skillsto listen and communicate with patients and teammates
- Multi-tasking skills, with greattime management and prioritizing capabilities
- Basic computer skills andproficiency in MS Word and Outlook required
Are you ready to make a
difference in the lives of your patients and work autonomously in an
environment where you make the decisions? If so, we'd like to speak with you.
Visit http://www.careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn
DaVita is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring
decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without
regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran
We maintain a drug-free
workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background