DaVita STAR Dialysis Patient Care Technician in Sheboygan, Wisconsin
The STAR Program is a 9-10 week paid training period in which you will gain the dialysis skills needed for a career at DaVita. Upon completion, our intent is to find you a position within Sheboygan, WI as a Patient Care Technician (“PCT”).
As a Patient Care Technician in training, you will play an important role at DaVita and in the lives of patients and their families. As part of our professional team of clinicians, you will be responsible for measuring and recording stats, patient observations, machine set up and other duties to ensure the compassionate, professional delivery of outpatient dialysis services.
Our dialysis Patient Care Technicians work under the supervision of nephrology nurses to provide safe, comfortable, and hygienic dialysis treatment for patients. They are often the teammates who have the most "one-on-one" time with patients in the facility.
Many PCTs get to know the patients coming in for treatment on a personal basis and develop a good working relationship with them. Our best PCTs also understand the importance of teamwork and collaboration with the other members of the clinical care team. After all, we are all in this together, working toward the same goals: optimal clinical outcomes for our patients and a fun and fulfilling environment for our teammates.
If you love patient-centered health care with real relationships inside a company that encourages fun on and off of the clock, then DaVita might be the place for you.
Some details about this position:
- You will be trained for 9-10 weeks with a class of new teammates at a training clinic or facility
- Hours of work may vary during the training period; however, you will typically be working between 32-40 hours per week during training
- Your training will include a combination of classroom and hands-on learning, through DaVita’s award-winning training programs
- This position may require that you will be willing to float to various clinics during and after your training
You must have a flexible schedule and be able to work mornings, evenings, weekends, and holiday
High school diploma or equivalent required; Minimum of 4 years of PCT work experience on or before October 14, 2008 may be substituted in lieu of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Current CPR certification required (or must be obtained within 60 days of employment)
- Demonstrated completion of all applicable state requirements in the state in which employed as a dialysis technician (AKA: patient care technician) required
- BONENT or CHT certification preferred or as required by state regulation
- CNA, Certified Medical Assistant, or Phlebotomy certification preferred
- New teammates will be required to obtain certification within 18 months of hire
Join us as we pursue our vision " To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen . "
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
To learn more about our Village and the world of dialysis, click here .
Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job
recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing
themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake
DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to
obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more
about this scam.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.
DaVita will not consider permanent (green card) or temporary (non-immigrant) immigration sponsorship for Patient Care Technician positions under current United States Immigration and Nationality Laws. DaVita reserves the right to change this policy without notice.