DaVita Risk Manager in Raleigh, North Carolina
At DaVita, we find that our best leaders are those who create an inspiring vision for the future and empowers their team to achieve success. They have always enjoyed tackling difficult problems and believe that the best way to solve them is through collaborative, team efforts. They take ownership of results and instill accountability in those they lead. They are driven, strong communicators, relationship builders, and find real fulfillment in challenging work.
Sound like you? Then you might be a great fit for the Risk Manager role with DaVita.
Here's what you can expect as a Risk Manager at DaVita:
This position provides clinical risk management for assigned division(s) and all clinical risk management support and handling of issues and claims for assigned division(s).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Provide day-to-day risk management support to the field for all clinical/technical issues and for all professional and general liability matters
Perform review and triage of the Adverse Occurrence Reports (AORs) for proactive analysis related to potential litigation and for claims handling
Conduct initial investigation of the AORs to include review of records and communication with facilities to secure additional details
Communicate with clinical AOR team and Clinical Service Specialists (CSSs) regarding their investigation of occurrences which is at the direction of Risk Management
- Document investigations and field calls in the new case management system and communicate with other support lanes as necessary
- Develop action plans based on risk data to proactively manage risk and patient safety concerns.
- Participate in risk management training for the assigned divisions covered and nationally, when needed. Training will include a variety of topics related to general and specific risk management issues.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Attend staff meetings, phone conferences and training as needed
- Know, understand, and follow teammate guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures
Travel required: up to 10%
Travel required: up to 10%
- Participate in Legal Department initiatives and functions as required
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
(Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required):
- Registered Nurse stongrly preferred with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in dialysis experience required
- If non-RN, clincal background preferred - Social Worker or PCT experience
- Minimum Bachelors Degree preferred
- Must have hospital or health care risk management experience; professional and general liability risk experience
- Risk Management experience, to include matter management, ADR/mediation, preferred
- Must be able to work autonomously and have flexibility in scheduling
- Some travel required
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency required in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required
Join us as we pursue our vision " To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen . "
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
To learn more about our Village and the world of dialysis, click here .
Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.