DaVita Nocturnal Dialysis Registered Nurse, Sign on Bonus in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Work autonomously as an Acute RN in an intense hospital environment - without the typical hospital routine. This is a nocturnal RN position working 3 night shifts per week between 7:00pm to 7:00am at The Hospital of The University of PA.
Provide the highest level of care across one or more of our hospital units and ensure your patients' safety, comfort, and well-being with a patient to nurse ratio typically not more than 2:1.
As an Acute Hospital Services Registered Nurse at DaVita you are on your toes working in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment with new challenges to trouble-shoot and overcome daily. Your sense of purpose and accomplishment at the end of each day is powerful.
You are the dialysis expert and the hospital staff relies on your expertise. As an Ambulatory Health Care RN you will be held to the highest standards (‘The Gold Seal’ by The Joint Commission) of patient safety and quality of care.
The shining star for an Registered Nurse will have:
- Current and valid Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state where practicing required
- Willingness to work night shift 7pm to 7 am.
- Hemodialysis nursing experience- preferred
- Medical/surgical (Med/Surg), Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Critical Care Unit (CCU), and/or Emergency Room (ER) experience
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program required; Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN), Bachelors of Science in Nurse (BSN) and/or Masters of Nursing (MSN)
- CurrentCardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification required; Advanced CPR certification - preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) and/or Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) - preferred
- Experience assessing, trouble shooting and making sound recommendations in stressful situations
- Physical Requirement: nurses often have to push/pull large hemodialysis machines around the hospital with little or no assistance
- Excellent communication skills to listen and communicate with patients and teammates
- Multi-tasking skills, with great time management and prioritizing capabilities
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook required
Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of your patients and work autonomously in an environment where you make the decisions? If so, we'd like to speak with you.
Visit http://www.careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.