DaVita Facility Maintenance Technician in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Facility Maintenance Technician
Provides support our Facility Administrator (FA runs and manages
dialysis clinic) Maintenance Tech maintains a high quality environment of
care which includes safety audits, a preventative maintaining program, and
maintenance project oversight. Reports directly to the Group Biomedical
Hours: Monday through Friday generally 7:00am to 4:00pm, Can be flexible
depending on Facility needs
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performsmonthly facility maintenance and life safety audits. Reviews audit resultswith Facility Administrator or designee.
- Contactsand arranges for outside vendors services required to complete facilitymaintenance and life safety oriented repairs.
- Partakesin facility maintenance budget preparation for capital expenditure work.
- Overseesproject oriented tasks as it pertains to facility maintenance and or lifesafety.
- Performsand documents monthly emergency light inspections.
- Schedulesand documents completion of annual emergency light inspections by outsidevendor.
- Performsand documents monthly emergency exit sign Inspections.
- Schedulesand documents completion of annual emergency sign inspections by outsidevendor.
- Schedulesand documents completion of annual fire system Inspections by outsidevendor.
- Performsand documents monthly fire extinguisher inspections.
- Schedulesand documents annual fire extinguisher inspections are completed byoutside vendor.
- Schedulesand documents all sprinkler inspections are completed by outside vendorassociated with NFPA 25 and FPPA 25 for local state code and DaVita policyand procedure.
- Schedulesand documents all fire safety inspections are completed by outside vendoras per state code and DaVita policy and procedure.
- Verifiesweekly generator checks are performed and documented accordingly.
- Schedulesand documents completion of annual generator load bank testing by outsidevendor as per state code.
- Performsand documents quarterly fire drills for facilities of responsibility asper DaVita Policy and Procedure.
- Verifiesevacuation and relocation plans are reviews and documents as such by FireMarshal annually.
- Verifiesmedical and piped gases, storage alarms and outlet inspections areconducted and documented via outside vendor annually.
- Performsand documents electrical outlet tension testing annually.
- Schedulesand documents electrical outlet inspections including integrity, polarity,resistance and continuity are completed annually and or when electricaloutlets are replaced by licensed outside vendor.
- Schedulesand documents annual fire alarm inspections are completed by outsidevendor.
- Verifiesweekly eye wash stations are performed via internal teammates.
- Performsand documents monthly hand wash temperature checks.
- Performsand documents monthly Nurse Call system functionality.
Here is what you can expect when yo u join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Want in? If so, check out the fine print on what you must
possess to make a great technician at DaVita:
- A high school diploma: Did you graduate from high school? Great! Did you graduate from a trade school/college biomed orelectronics technology program? Even better! That type ofeducation would support you well in this position.
- A skilled Facility Maintenance Background: The best candidates willhave performed this type of work at in a hospital or medical/clinicsetting, or have a demonstrated aptitude for it in another setting.
- Great communications skills: DaVita teammates (this is what we call ouremployees) communicate openly, honestly and frequently with eachother. You’ll need to be a master at this. Will be workingclosely with FAs and Bio-meds, Reporting to State and federal agenciesduring audits. Will work side by side with Asset wellness and CBRE cityinspectors, working closely with vendors.
- Solid computer skills: Our teammates regularly use MS Officeapplications (Word, Excel and Outlook), the internet, and DaVita-specificapplications to perform their work. We’ll train you on the DaVitatools, but you’ll need to come into the job with solid internet navigationand MS Office skills.
- A valid driver’s license : Our Biomed Techs typically need to drive their own automobilesto get from one clinic to another. You’ll need a valid driver’slicense within the state you are applying for work, as well as validautomobile insurance and an acceptable driving record.
- Flexibility :Ability to work flexible shifts. The shift would have to depend onwhat the clinics needs are. Ability to manage their time appropriately,when needed you will need to be flexible to work weekends when/ifnecessary.
- Certifications: preferred,not required - Any State or federal certifications for facilitymaintenance or equipment maintenance and repair, OSHA and NFPA training
Join us as we pursue our vision " To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen . "
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
To learn more about our Village and the world of dialysis, click here .
Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex,gender identity,sexual orientation, national origin, disability orprotectedveteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.