DaVita Facility Maintenance Technician in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Facility Maintenance Technician
Provides support to our Facility Administrator (FA runs and manages dialysis clinic). Maintenance Tech maintains a high quality environment of care which includes safety audits, a preventative maintaining program, and maintenance project oversight. Reports directly to the Group Biomedical Manager.
Hours: Monday through Friday generally 7:00am to 4:00pm, Can be flexible depending on Facility needs
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs monthly facility maintenance and life safety audits. Reviews audit results with Facility Administrator or designee.
- Contacts and arranges for outside vendors services required to complete facility maintenance and life safety oriented repairs.
- Partakes in facility maintenance budget preparation for capital expenditure work.
- Oversees project oriented tasks as it pertains to facility maintenance and or life safety.
- Performs and documents monthly emergency light inspections.
- Schedules and documents completion of annual emergency light inspections by outside vendor.
- Performs and documents monthly emergency exit sign Inspections.
- Schedules and documents completion of annual emergency sign inspections by outside vendor.
- Schedules and documents completion of annual fire system Inspections by outside vendor.
- Performs and documents monthly fire extinguisher inspections.
- Schedules and documents annual fire extinguisher inspections are completed by outside vendor.
- Schedules and documents all sprinkler inspections are completed by outside vendor associated with NFPA 25 and FPPA 25 for local state code and DaVita policy and procedure.
- Schedules and documents all fire safety inspections are completed by outside vendor as per state code and DaVita policy and procedure.
- Verifies weekly generator checks are performed and documented accordingly.
- Schedules and documents completion of annual generator load bank testing by outside vendor as per state code.
- Performs and documents quarterly fire drills for facilities of responsibility as per DaVita Policy and Procedure.
- Verifies evacuation and relocation plans are reviews and documents as such by Fire Marshal annually.
- Verifies medical and piped gases, storage alarms and outlet inspections are conducted and documented via outside vendor annually.
- Performs and documents electrical outlet tension testing annually.
- Schedules and documents electrical outlet inspections including integrity, polarity, resistance and continuity are completed annually and or when electrical outlets are replaced by licensed outside vendor.
- Schedules and documents annual fire alarm inspections are completed by outside vendor.
- Verifies weekly eye wash stations are performed via internal teammates.
- Performs and documents monthly hand wash temperature checks.
- Performs and documents monthly Nurse Call system functionality.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Want in? If so, check out the fine print on what you must possess to make a great technician at DaVita:
- A high school diploma: Did you graduate from high school? Great! Did you graduate from a trade school/college biomed or electronics technology program? Even better! That type of education would support you well in this position.
- A skilled Facility Maintenance Background: The best candidates will have performed this type of work at in a hospital or medical/clinic setting, or have a demonstrated aptitude for it in another setting.
- Great communications skills: DaVita teammates (this is what we call our employees) communicate openly, honestly and frequently with each other. You’ll need to be a master at this. Will be working closely with FAs and Bio-meds, Reporting to State and federal agencies during audits. Will work side by side with Asset wellness and CBRE city inspectors, working closely with vendors.
- Solid computer skills: Our teammates regularly use MS Office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook), the internet, and DaVita-specific applications to perform their work. We’ll train you on the DaVita tools, but you’ll need to come into the job with solid internet navigation and MS Office skills.
- A valid driver’s license: Our Biomed Techs typically need to drive their own automobiles to get from one clinic to another. You’ll need a valid driver’s license within the state you are applying for work, as well as valid automobile insurance and an acceptable driving record.
- Flexibility: Ability to work flexible shifts. The shift would have to depend on what the clinics needs are. Ability to manage their time appropriately, when needed you will need to be flexible to work weekends when/if necessary.
- Certifications: preferred, not required - Any State or federal certifications for facility maintenance or equipment maintenance and repair, OSHA and NFPA training
Join us as we pursue our vision " To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen . "
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
To learn more about our Village and the world of dialysis, click here .
Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex,gender identity,sexual orientation, national origin, disability orprotectedveteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.