DaVita Peritoneal Dialysis Registered Nurse (RN) in Midland, Texas
As a Peritoneal Dialysis Registered Nurse (PD RN), you educate your patients on how to do their own dialysis from their homes, and you take responsibility for the complete ongoing care of each patient to ensure their treatment stays on track.
You will work a Monday to Friday schedule-yet your impact on the lives of our patients will be felt every day.
Through this experience, the trusting relationships you build as a peritoneal home therapy nurse with patients and their families are strong and fulfilling.
"Patients truly depend on you for the answers. You are their lifeline. You're the first person they think of and call if something goes wrong and it's your responsibility to do the troubleshooting and get them back on track." - Sabrina, PD RN
Here's what you can expect as a Peritoneal Dialysis Registered Nurse:
Complexity - Embrace a mentally demanding RN role with many moving parts.
Expect to manage "a very organized chaos." You multitask in myriad ways - put down one patient's chart, start another, work with a physician, run out to get a medication, respond to a supplier's request - with lots of loose ends to pull together and a lot of follow up. It's challenging, fun and keeps your day fresh.
Educator - Empower patients to live healthier lives sharing your knowledge.
You've got to love teaching and education. Training patients takes time and mental energy and the rewards of that investment come in seeing the transformation of your patients from feeling sick and afraid, to strong and independent.
Autonomy - Provide comprehensive patient care in an independent setting.
Plan to be on your toes at all times. You use your mind constantly. You apply your "core" nursing skills to assess, diagnose and implement complete care plans as you look at the whole patient. There's a lot to track and manage and the joy comes in witnessing how your care impacts patients' lives.
A Qualified Peritoneal Dialysis Registered Nurse (PD RN) should bring:
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of practice
- Current CPR certification required
- Minimum of 12 months' of RN experience required
- Chronic Hemodialysis, Acute Dialysis, Home Therapy nursing and/or Peritoneal dialysis (PD) nursing experience preferred
3 months of experience in the specific modality (peritoneal dialysis) for which the nurse will provide self-care training required
This experience may be obtained during 90-day training in a DaVita Peritoneal Dialysis Home program supervised by a RN who meets the above qualifications
Training/Teaching/Healthcare Education background preferred
- Current driver's license, reliable transportation, and vehicle insurance in state of residence required
- Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN) or Certified Dialysis Nurse (CDN) preferred
- Associates Degree in Nursing (A.D.N) from accredited school of nursing required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N) preferred; three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be substituted for nursing degree
- A desire to deliver care in an empathetic, compassionate way. You know, the way you’d want your own care to be
- Experience assessing, trouble shooting and making sound recommendations in stressful situations
- Someone who thrives in an environment that is constantly changing and will face new challenges head-on
- Excellent communication skills to listen and communicate with patients and teammates
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook required; functional proficiency in all computer systems of DaVita within 90 days of hire
Join us as we pursue our vision " To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen . "
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
To learn more about our Village and the world of dialysis, click here .
Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex,gender identity,sexual orientation, national origin, disability orprotectedveteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
Hemodialysis, Renal, ESRD, Critical Care, Med Surge, Telemetry, Kidney, renal therapy, CKD, nephrology, RN, Nurse, Registered Nurse