DaVita Kidney Smart Educator in Midland, Texas
Kidney Smart Educator Job Description
Kidney Smart Educators perform an important role in giving CKD patients the gift of education. As part of that, there are requirements for the position to ensure that all Educators have an adequate background as well as a passion for kidney disease education. This job description provides interested parties with an overview of the Educator position and its responsibilities which will be addressed in more detail in the next section.
Kidney Smart is DaVita’s Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) patient education program that is designed to educate and empower patients and their families around understanding and managing CKD. Kidney Smart classes are held at no-cost in neighborhoods across the country by certified Kidney Smart educators.
Kidney Smart Educators should be friendly, warm and welcoming in nature with a passion for CKD education. Kidney Smart Educators are ambassadors who promote the program when opportunities arise.
Kidney Smart Educators must be clinically licensed DaVita teammates.
• Engage a specific healthcare population (CKD patients) with focus on key actions toward improved health through a classroom environment
• Explain complex health considerations for patients in an easy-to-understand manner, using the approved Kidney Smart curriculum (presentation and educator guide)
• Skilled in working with a wide variety of patients who may be challenged in hearing, sight, and mobility
• Conduct a minimum of one Kidney Smart class per month
• Teach at least one participant per quarter
• Keep the Kidney Smart Program safe by following all policies and procedures
• Complete all StarLearning courses that are related to Kidney Smart Compliance and Operations
• Use only approved and current Kidney Smart materials
• Plan class locations considering convenience and accessibility for area patients, facility capacity, and technological resources available
• Plan class dates and times to maximize efficiency and reach
• Schedule classes through Kidney Smart scheduling system (if applicable)
• Submit all class attendance forms within 48 hours of each class completion to KS Local Coordinator
• Call patients to remind them of scheduled classes & provide post-class follow-up (if applicable)
• Commit to staying up to date with Kidney Smart communications and implementing all process/program changes
o Read the Newsflash, attend WebEx meetings and KS calls
Outreach and Program Promotion: (If applicable)
• Assist regional and divisional leadership in physician outreach, which may consist of, but not be limited to:
o Presentations of class content, clinical impact metrics, and recommendation processes to nephrology practices
o Developing further outreach strategies to maximize class attendance throughout the community
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Educate future patients on Kidney Smart and DaVita’s services
Strong organizational skills
Exceptional verbal and written communication Intermediate level in Microsoft Office – PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Outlook
Clinical license required to qualify for this role- RN, LVN, RD, or MS
Clinical experience (kidney care preferred but not required)
Join us as we pursue our vision " To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen . "
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
To learn more about our Village and the world of dialysis, click here .
Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.