DaVita Supervisor - Revenue Cycle in Malvern, Pennsylvania
General purpose of the job:
The Supervisor, Asst Mgr Patient Accounts (ROPS) assists the Manager in Patient Accounts in supervising the day to day operations of a collection team. This would include month-end charge reconciliation, claim generation and the AR management portion of the revenue cycle. This teammate oversees the timely and accurate resolution of outstanding AR in order to achieve collection performance goals and to help achieve our ROPS vision of being a trusted village neighborhood and world class revenue partner. This position reports to the Manager, Patient Accounts.
Essential duties & responsibilities:
• Assists Manager of Patient Accounts in managing the billing and collection functions of accounts receivable
• Maintains a current and thorough understanding of dialysis reimbursement and industry norms; monitor payment trends, escalating issues, concerns and changes in payer behavior as appropriate.
• Maintains current knowledge of payor-related contracts, including state and federal mandates/guidelines applicable to the assigned responsibilities of the team
• Ensures that accounts receivable accurately reflects what is collectible and teammates are performing adjustments in an accurate and timely manner with the appropriate approvals
• Reduces rework and minimize bad debt by ensuring each touch on unpaid claims, denials and other payor related correspondence is meaningful, timely and accurate
• Reviews daily, weekly and monthly key metrics to identify trends or areas of focus; work with Manager to develop, document, and implement action plans, as appropriate, to address issues.
• Collaborates closely with internal ROPS and external support teams as needed to ensure trends and resolutions are addressed at a company level not just a team level
• Ensures the accurate and timely completion of all close related activities to ensure timely submission of primary, secondary and tertiary insurance claims.
• Ensures the team follows documented Policies and Procedures, including Sarbanes and Oxley narratives and perform all control activities.
• Makes recommendations on changes to existing tools, policies and procedures
• Coordinates responsibilities related to change in ownership centers, newly-acquired centers and DeNovos as they relate to billing needs responsibilities
• Partners with People Services and other leaders to recruit teammates with the appropriate behavioral competencies to be a successful teammate
• Manages teammate retention by providing ongoing training, development, coaching and performance management; to ensure teammates meet or exceed expectations of their position.
• Ensures new teammates receive appropriate training to effectively understand their responsibilities, other revenue departments, computer systems, and company policies, procedures and Compliance standards
• Ensures teammates have the appropriate tools, supplies, job aides, system access, etc. in order to be effective in individual roles
• Provides consistent, visible and timely communication to team on matters including but not limited to: team goals and objectives, progress toward those goals, information that will keep teammates well informed on issues and activities that impact their ability to carry out their job
• Partners with Manager to determine staffing needs and promote the most effective use of resources
• Writes and conducts Performance Development Reviews (PDRs) as required
• Evaluates, record and process teammate changes (including time cards and teammate compensation) according to company policy upon Manager approval
• Addresses teammate relations issues in a timely manner and escalate to Manager and People Services Manager as appropriate
• Develops, document and implement action plans, as appropriate, to address deficiencies identified while reviewing teammates’ work product
• Knows, understands and follows the DaVita teammate guidelines, as well as local safety and security policies and procedures
• Understands basic wage and hour laws, federal state and local laws and regulations
• Builds relationships with ROPS leaders as well as support teams to foster a successful work environment
• Fosters strong working relationships between team, assigned centers and across neighborhoods, encouraging communication and collaboration for the overall benefit of our patients
• Maintains confidentiality of all patient, teammate and company information in accordance with HIPAA regulations and DaVita policies
• Attends and contribute meaningful content to meetings
• Develops and deliver effective presentations as needed
• Performs other duties and special projects as needed to effectively manage department and meet department goals
• Some light travel required
• Additional duties as assigned
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
• Two to four years’ experience in healthcare reimbursement and revenue cycle management preferred
• Minimum of two years’ related supervisory experience required
• Intermediate proficiency in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Join us as we pursue our vision " To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen . "
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
To learn more about our Village and the world of dialysis, click here .
Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex,gender identity,sexual orientation, national origin, disability orprotectedveteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.