DaVita Acute Registered Nurse**Sign On Bonus Available**- Lagrange, GA in Lagrange, Georgia
Work autonomously as an Acute RN in an intense hospital environment - without the typical hospital routine.
Provide the highest level of care across one or more of our hospital units and ensure your patients' safety, comfort, and well-being with a patient to nurse ratio typically not more than 2:1.
This role will work a 6-8 hour shift from 10am-8pm Monday - Friday. Will also provide support to our other area acute teams if additional hours are wanted.
As an Acute Registered Nurse at DaVita you are on your toes working in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment with new challenges to trouble-shoot and overcome daily. Your sense of purpose and accomplishment at the end of each day is powerful.
You are the dialysis expert and the hospital staff relies on your expertise. As an Acute RN you will be held to the highest standards (‘The Gold Seal’ by The Joint Commission) of patient safety and quality of care.
What can you expect as an Acute Dialysis Staff RN at DaVita?
Patients - Help your patients, when they need it the most.
Patient care is our top priority and we look for teammates who share our commitment to Service Excellence as well as Continuous Improvement. You can build your career in nephrology and practice multiple therapies (Peritoneal, CRRT, Apheresis, etc.) as an Acute Nephrology RN at DaVita.
Independence - Manage your patients on your own in a hospital setting.
As a teammate in an acute setting, you will typically be the only dialysis nurse in the hospital during your shift. You are not alone though. You will work very closely with the hospital staff each day to assess, troubleshoot, and make sound decisions for critically ill patients.
Intensity - Expect the unexpected.
No two days are ever the same for an acute dialysis nurse. The setting is dynamic and each patient's needs are unique.When you walk in the door each day you don't know what patients you might have, their condition, when you will get them or when you will be done for the day.
"I love problem solving and the challenge of the role of acute nursing. I get a lot of respect from the doctors and my team." - Ginny E.
The shining star for an Acute Hemodialysis Registered Nurse will have:
- Current and valid Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state where practicing required - AL and GA dual license preferred
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Hemodialysis nursing experience- preferred
- Medical/surgical (Med/Surg), Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Critical Care Unit (CCU), and/or Emergency Room (ER) experience - preferred
- Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN), Certified Dialysis Nurse (CDN) and/or Certified Hemodialysis Nurse (CHN) - preferred
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program required; Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN), Bachelors of Science in Nurse (BSN) and/or Masters of Nursing (MSN)
- CurrentCardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification required; Advanced CPR certification - preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) and/or Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) - preferred
- Experience assessing, trouble shooting and making sound recommendations in stressful situations
- Physical Requirement: nurses often have to push/pull large hemodialysis machines around the hospital with little or no assistance
- Excellent communication skills to listen and communicate with patients and teammates
- Multi-tasking skills, with great time management and prioritizing capabilities
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook required
Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of your patients and work autonomously in an environment where you make the decisions? If so, we'd like to speak with you.
Visit http://www.careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.