DaVita Acute Dialysis Registered Nurse ( RN ) in Flint, Michigan
- This is a 4 day work week
- Saturdays will rotate
- Days of the week will vary
- Some on call
- Prior RN experience a plus, but not necessary
- Open to all levels of experience! Training provided!
As a DaVita Acute Registered Nurse (RN) you will.. .
Work autonomously in an exciting hospital environment -
without the typical hospital routine.
Provide the highest level of critical acute nursing care to
ensure your patients' safety, comfort, and well-being
"I love problem solving and the challenge of the
role of acute nursing. I get a lot of respect from the doctors and my
team." - Ginny E.
Patients - Help your patients, when they need it the
Patient care is our top priority and we look for teammates
who share our commitment to Service Excellence as well as Continuous
Improvement. You can build your career in nephrology and practice multiple
therapies (CRRT and Apheresis) as an Acute Nephrology RN at DaVita.
As an Acute Nephrology RN at DaVita in Flint, you will give
back to a community in need. Disparities
plague vulnerable, minority populations in nearly every area of chronic disease
including kidney disease.Did you know
African Americans – who comprise nearly 60% of Flint’s population - are at
increased risk of developing chronic
kidney disease (CKD) leading to dialysis and transplant ? Compared
to other ethnic groups, the African American population has higher rates of diabetes
and high blood pressure , which are the two leading causes of kidney
disease. As DaVita leads the dialysis industry in clinical outcomes, you can
positively impact the city of Flint by providing the best quality, live-giving
healthcare to kidney patients as a DaVita teammate.
Independence - Manage your patients on your own in a
As a teammate in an acute setting you work on your own
almost all of the time. Each day you assess, troubleshoot, and make sound
decisions for critical patients. What an exciting challenge to take on!
Intensity - Expect the unexpected.
No two days are ever the same for an acute dialysis nurse.
The setting is dynamic and each patient's needs are unique. When you walk in
the door each day you don't know what patients you might have - their
condition, when you will get them or when you will be done for the day.
Enjoy a hospital environment
without rounds, and with more time to impact your patients' lives. Are you
energized by the intensity of a fast-paced, critical care environment? Do you
prefer the autonomy of making decisions under pressure? If so, then an Acute
Dialysis Nurse role could be just right for you.
This position provides care in
our DaVita Acute Program in Flint, MI. We even have Afternoon and Weekend
patient care starts with a great nurse like you.
The shining star for an Acute Hemodialysis Registered Nurse will have:
- Current and valid Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state where practicing required
- We do train, we can consider any type of nursing experience
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule with mandatory overtime required due to the nature of the acute treatment you are providing. Long days without notice also required.
- Hemodialysis nursing experience- preferred
- Medical/surgical (Med/Surg), Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Critical Care Unit (CCU), and/or Emergency Room (ER) experience - preferred
- Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN), Certified Dialysis Nurse (CDN) and/or Certified Hemodialysis Nurse (CHN) - preferred
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program required; Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN), Bachelors of Science in Nurse (BSN) and/or Masters of Nursing (MSN)
- CurrentCardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification required; Advanced CPR certification - preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) and/or Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) - preferred
- Experience assessing, trouble shooting and making sound recommendations in stressful situations
- Physical Requirement: nurses often have to push/pull large hemodialysis machines around the hospital with little or no assistance
- Excellent communication skills to listen and communicate with patients and teammates
- Multi-tasking skills, with great time management and prioritizing capabilities
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook required
Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of your patients and work autonomously in an environment where you make the decisions? If so, we'd like to speak with you.
Visit http://www.careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.