DaVita Senior Accountant - Joint Ventures* in Federal Way, Washington
DaVita is currently seeking a Senior Accountant to join our fantastic Joint Venture Accounting team in Federal Way, WA! DaVita's Chief Accounting Officer and multiple accounting departments are all located in Federal Way, creating top opportunities for growth and advancement in this Fortune 500 company!
DaVita is a highly award-winning healthcare employer that specializes in the Kidney Healthcare arena. If you're seeking a company with core values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun, then this may be the place for you.
At DaVita, we “walk the talk” when it comes to our core values!
The purpose of this position is to primarily provide Joint Venture entity accounting support to ensure accurate communication of financial information to our Field customers and JV partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Financial reporting and partnership accounting and reporting responsibilities including:
- Centeraccounting review responsibilities for revenue, AR, liabilities, equity, developmentprojects, fixed assets, inventory, medical director fees, leases andsubleases.
- Generalledger functions such as account analysis account reconciliation, trendanalysis, and financial statement research.
- Createand review financial statements including profit and loss statements,balance sheets, cash flows, equity statements, etc.
- Preparecommunications such as memos, presentation charts, and process documentationand coordinate with other departments, business offices and fieldoperations.
- Participatein meetings with Team, Management, Field management and JV partners asnecessary.
- Preparecash forecasts based on historical financial data and knowledge gainedfrom working with and supporting field finance and operations management.
- Utilizegeneral business knowledge to assist operational teammates withnon-routine accounting issues and concerns.
- Makerecommendations to accounting and operational management, as well as beresponsible for day-to-day decisions concerning the accounting treatmentof financial transactions.
- Developand implement new accounting processes.
- Workas liaison between General Accounting, Tax, Revenue Evaluation, Payroll,ROPS departments and field operations.
- Otherduties as assigned.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- Bachelor’s degree required (Emphasis in Accounting preferred)
- 2 years accounting experience required
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- Working knowledge of general ledger accounting functions
- Proficiency in the MS Office Suite and ability to learn new internal systems and tools.
- Intermediate computer skills.
Join us as we pursue our vision " To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen . "
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
To learn more about our Village and the world of dialysis, click here .
Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn
The DaVita Village is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.