DaVita Construction Project Manager - Remote in El Segundo, California
*This position is remote and can be based anywhere in the greater LA area*
Are you looking for a career with a mission and values-driven company? Take this opportunity to be part of a company that fosters team structure, spirit and support of one another. Consider a career with DaVita!
At DaVita, we believe a company can also be a community, and a community of committed individuals can actually make a difference in the way health care is practiced in this country. Why choose us? Put simply, its more than just a job…it's a lifestyle. DaVita teammates have the opportunity to contribute in a way that makes a positive impact in the lives of thousands!
DaVita is currently looking for a Project Manager. Those who excel in this role are highly ambitious, results driven, and possess the ability to "think outside the box". This position requires a high- level of project management abilities, attention to detail and experience managing deadline driven and large-scale projects within varying environments, domestically. Potential teammates must possess 5 - 8 years of construction-related or Architectural Engineering knowledge and have experience with "ground up" construction. The ideal candidate for this position will be a critical thinker with a demonstrated ability to oversee design and site evaluations, establish contracts, oversee onsite work, prepare and implement action plans, and lead improvement initiatives, while having FUN doing it!
Project Managers with DaVita design, oversee and implement 20 - 30 projects simultaneously. This position would require up to travel up to 50% and would work with the operations team and other clinical team members to help identify projects, as well as, relocation of clinics, expansion projects, renovation of existing clinics, Facility Maintenance (FM) projects, Mold Abatement and Remediation. They coordinate with the Facility Maintenance team for scope, budget, and management projects.
Essential Traits for success as a Project Manager (but not limited to):
- Ability to travel up to 50% to worksites in the LA area
- Continue to build and foster relationships with DaVita Operations, Inter-department teammates, all village teammates, and vendors
- Actively participate in DaVita divisional and company-wide meetings consistently
- Understand and follow DaVita Employment Guidelines and procedure.
- Attend departmental staff meetings
- Possess a strong work ethic; willingness to accept high levels of personal responsibility and commitment; strong drive to go beyond the call of duty
- Possess initiative, a proactive mindset, offer flexibility, strong perseverance and desire for continuous learning
- Strong desire to be part of a fun, yet hard working team
- Adaptability and flexibility in an environment that fosters continuous improvement
- Multi-tasking - ability to support multiple projects
- Mature and professional
- Ability to work effectively with high-performing teams
- Ability to collaborate with senior-level executives
- Personal values in line with DaVita's Core Values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment & Fun
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Position Duties and Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Coordinate with Operations, Risk Team, and FM team on Mold projects.
- Provide capital detail for conceptual Relocation, Renovation/Expansion project models. Includes design, utilities, permits, 'Tenant Improvement' construction, Minimum Base Building Improvement (MBBI), Fire & Life Safety, and all Fixtures, Furnishings and Equipment (FF&E).
- Attend preliminary model calls for project validity and model approval calls to validate Capital cost & clinic profile.
- Work with state and local resources for CON application information (if applicable)
- Assist Operations and DaVita Broker with pre-screening of concept sites.
- Provide resources and assist with 'Site Due Diligence' on preferred site(s).
- Procurement of Architect and Engineer via Preferred Architect Agreement.
- Establish an MBBI survey analysis to evaluate the building as a dialysis clinic and what shell improvements will be required. Analysis to include structural, utility needs, exterior access, code compliance, build-out potential, build-out costs, design constraints and compliance to DaVita standards.
- Work with DaVita Broker to determine Landlord vs. Tenant requirements of MBBI scope
- Work with DaVita Broker and Operations on which site(s) to submit Letters of Intent (LOIs).
- When project results in building purchase or ground-up, work with DaVita Preferred Developer on scope and budget development.
- Follow Preferred Developer Agreement guidelines.
- Accountable for design concepts and work-in-place that adheres to DaVita standards and compliance to dialysis specific criteria.
- Understand and be active in building code criteria (Federal, State, and Local) specific to dialysis industry and changing environment of health care providers.
- Evaluate, identify and establish qualified resources for improvement of design, construction, due-diligence of projects on a continual basis.
- Develop Preliminary Floor plans (PFP) and coordinate approvals with operations to include but not limited to Regional Operations Director (ROD) and the Biomed team.
- Upon PFP approval, determine if proceeding at risk with Construction Drawings (CD's) is appropriate dependent on potential Lease issues, pending Medical Director Agreement (MDA), or other. Must have Divisional Vice President (DVP) approval to proceed at risk.
- Manage activity and coordination of architect & engineering team to develop Construction Drawings for submittal to state departments (as required) and local city building departments for permits.
- Solicit multiple bids (Note: usually done concurrent with permit process) and fairly compare bid pricing across all construction divisions1 thru 16. Select contractor and submit recommendation to DVP for approval.
- Contract approval, invoicing and pay application process.
- Effective, active and open communication as necessary during the course of construction with all team members involved in the project. This includes (but not limited to) the Regional Operations Director, Facility Administrator, Biomed teams.
- Include operations teammates on site visits, especially at critical stages (e.g. Walls framed, Rough-ins complete but before finishes start, 80%, Punchlist).
- Manage the kick-off meeting to be held at job site for each clinic prior to construction start.
- Establish resources involved in projects for adherence to insurance, qualifications and licensing criteria.
- Monitor and report all work activity related to active projects each week to operations
- Facilitate the initiation and recurrence of Project Roadmap calls from construction start through Certificate of Occupancy (CofO). Attend all Project Roadmap calls.
- Utilize additional resources to update the Project Roadmap and schedule call planners. Transition the Project Roadmap to Operations teammates after receipt of CofO.
- Accountable for budgets and all costs during construction build-out and equipment ordering. Tracking and cost comparison related to established budget.
- Equipment orders, purchasing of specific material and fixtures for each clinic and management of delivery of goods and materials to job site.
- Responsible for obtaining the Certificate of Occupancy from building department and contractor.
- Provide Closeout Documents to the clinic to include General Contractor's Closeout Documents: As-built Drawings, Contact Sheets, Lien Waivers, Contractor Full Warranty, Subcontractor Warranties, Flame spread data for construction materials, Product Data, Test and Balance Report. Also include Life Safety Code Binder Documents: PM LSC Survey checklist, Furniture Flame Spread Data, Sample checklist logs (as needed)
- Provide Operations Teammates with LSC orientation in preparation for State LSC survey.
- Assist in the transition from building occupancy to preparing the clinic for first treatment of patients prior to survey or licensure.
Essential Background (but not limited to):
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- 5 - 8 years of "Ground Up" Construction experience
- Architectural Engineering knowledge
- Proven Project Management and Construction Management Experience
- Ability to oversee, manage and implement multiple projects
- Procurement background to manage "Fixtures, Furniture & Equipment" (FFE)
Preferred Experience (but not required):
- Bachelor's Degree in Architectural Engineering, Construction Management or similar emphasis
- PMP Certification
- Dialysis experience
Join us as we pursue our vision " To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen . "
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
To learn more about our Village and the world of dialysis, click here .
Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex,gender identity,sexual orientation, national origin, disability orprotectedveteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.