DaVita Sustainability Analyst in Denver, Colorado
Are you passionate about Sustainability and Corporate Social
Responsibility? Are you looking for an
opportunity to share that passion and knowledge with others in a unique,
ever-changing environment? DaVita is
looking for a teammate to help maintain our sustainability programs across our over
2,400 locations. As an Analyst on the
Village Green team, you will be responsible for managing the data from multiple
systems, project management and tracking progress towards our 2020 goals.
The Analyst manages DaVita’s energy and water utility data
as well as measures DaVita’s carbon footprint and greenhouse gas
emissions. The Analyst collaborates with
a wide variety of teams within the Village to build the business case for
eco-efficiency projects, to measure environmental and financial impact of
various initiatives, and to promote best demonstrated practices across the
Village. The Analyst provides impactful
statistics relating to energy, water, procurement, and paper for educational
Essential Duties and
The following duties
and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but
are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Monitor progress towards our 2020 environmentalgoals through utility data and internal databases in our focus areas of energy,water, waste, buildings, and supply chain.
- Assist with generating categories, metrics, andstrategy for environmental goals for DMG (DaVita Medical Group)
- Manage water and energy cost and consumptionutility data through Schneider Electric.
- Calculate environmental metrics for DaVita’sCommunity Care Report, Newsweek’s Green Rankings, DJSI and other external awardopportunities.
- Implement projects and track progress towardsour 2020 paper reduction goal.
- Assist with additional sustainability projects relatedto education, green buildings, water management, energy reduction and supplychain management.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Bachelor’s degree in environmental studies, education,communications, business or related field of study
- Knowledge and understanding of sustainability best practices andtrends
- Ability to be creative, collaborative,persistent, and resourceful in approaching problems, as well as theability to perform in a fast-paced, continuously evolving environment
- One year related experience in a businesssetting preferred
- One year related experience in sustainability preferred
- Advanced analytical skills
- Intermediate Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
BEHAVIORS, SKILLS, AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION
- Commitment to DaVita’s values of ServiceExcellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability,Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively andproactively to patients, teammates, management, physicians, and/or vendors(Village Service Partners) in everyday performance and interactions
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonalcommunication skills including ability to listen attentively and tocommunicate information clearly and effectively throughout all levels ofthe organization with audiences of varying degrees of familiarity with sustainability.
- Demonstrated ability to work well withcross-functional groups
- Demonstrated interpersonal, collaborative, andrelationship/team building skills that foster a positive work environment
- Ability to communicate effectively at alllevels of the organization with professionalism and integrity
- Ability to manage multiple projects, meetdeadlines, adjust and priorities in a fast-paced, ever-changing andevolving work environment with shifting time frames
- Strong project management skills
- Willingness to pursue and achieve LEED GreenAssociate in first six months of position
- Passionate about sustainability
Join us as we pursue our vision " To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen . "
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
To learn more about our Village and the world of dialysis, click here .
Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex,gender identity,sexual orientation, national origin, disability orprotectedveteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.