DaVita Sr. Manager, Operations and Infrastructure in Denver, Colorado
This position is accountable for all
Infrastructure and IT Operationsleadership/management
and oversight of the organization's information management system, including
workstations, servers, related network, data center, telecom, systems support
and seamless coordination between all IT functional lanes including service
desk and application support teams. This position is primarily responsible to
provide all IT operations and support services to entire DMG-Nevada market and
must have general working knowledge of all IT systems and IT systems and act as
primary technical contact with IT vendors. The role will work closely with both
technical and business teammates to maintain an optimize the technology
environment that drives process improvement and empowers our business.
Qualified individuals will possess a strong balance of technical skills,
leadership attributes and business acumen. The Senior Manager sets the
direction for, and maintains a culture of operational excellence throughout, as
well as drives a culture of continuous improvement. The Senior Manager
addresses high priority problems, escalations, coordinates and maintains timely
and accurate communication to senior management around key incidents and
objectives. The Senior Manager will also inspire and support effective
collaboration, communication and teamwork between other DaVita infrastructure
and operations teams including the development and effective deployment of Data
Center and Operational standard procedures and best practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the
expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Leads and cultivates ahighly engaged team of technologists and specialists
- Leverages a strongbalance of technical skill and leadership to optimize the technologyenvironment.
- Uses a strong sense ofcuriosity to find solutions to complex issues and opportunities.
- Executes and completesdepartmental projects.
- Successfully automatesmanual processes with a focus and understanding of improvement cycles.
- Leads a team oftechnical resources that are accountable for IT Services in a 24X7environment.
- Be accountable foroverall execution and delivery of business IT requests
- Responsible for thedevelopment of departmental and project budgets and ensuring appropriateadherence to corporate budget targets.
- Complete annualperformance and quarterly development reviews for direct reports andeffectively manage corrective actions as required.
- Ability to effectivelycoordinate and communicate with IT teams, business owners, and SeniorManagement during production impacting events.
- Identification anddevelopment of metrics and key performance indicators to drive strategicinitiatives and ensure operational efficiencies.
- Motivate and mentorteam members for improving skills and taking on additional responsibilities.
- Celebrate team andindividual successes and create a positive, fun-filled work environment.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required.
·Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in information systems management, computer science, or other technical field.
·8+ years of progressive experience in IT Operations, IT Infrastructure and Technical Services.
·5+ years’ experience leading and managing IT Operations and Infrastructure teams.
·Demonstrates a fundamental understanding of all aspects of IT operations, Infrastructure, Data Center Ops and IT Services.
·A strong and effective team player
·Strong communication and leadership skills.
·A willingness and desire to participate in and lead change.
·Outstanding problem-solving skills.
·Experience in IT Customer Support Services
·A process-improvement driven attitude.
·Must be able to demonstrate a high degree of independent access to confidential patient information and organization information and must be able to handle such information appropriately.
·Must have ability to manage multiple projects and tasks.
·Experience and knowledge of IT infrastructure, IT Services, IT staff management, IT Operations, Servers, Data Center Ops, MS Windows environment, Backup-Restore, VMware, Citrix, AD, Cisco, VoIP, and IT monitoring services.
·Able to travel up to 25% of the time.
·On-call for major incidents and other requirements as necessary.
·Healthcare expererience is desirable
About Information Technology
The Information Technology Department designs, develops and maintains
software programs required to keep DaVita on the leading edge of medical
technology. DaVita's Information Technology Department has both clinic facing
and non-clinic facing subgroups that provide our clinician teammates the tools
to provide quality patient care. DaVita IT utilizes designers, developers,
system architects, project managers, application architects, nurses, trainers
and many more professionals to incorporate the technology needs of our
clinicians, business and physician customers.
Join us as we pursue our vision " To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen . "
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
To learn more about our Village and the world of dialysis, click here .
Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn
is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita
makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience,
and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.