DaVita Senior Corporate Counsel - Lifeline in Denver, Colorado
No Brag, Just Fact!
Over the last decade, we set out to be the world's greatest dialysis company, and over the next decade, we're poised to build the greatest healthcare community the world has ever seen. When you join the DaVita Village, you're joining a winning team. Through our commitment to training, growth and quality, we consistently achieve superior clinical outcomes while giving teammates the opportunity to excel in an award-winning environment that enables them to thrive both professionally and personally.
DaVita® and HealthCare Partners® collectively, DaVita have joined forces to become one of the nation's largest and most innovative healthcare communities. The merged entity, DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc., leverages a shared passion for and commitment to clinical excellence and improving patients' health and quality of life.
DaVita is the only healthcare company and first and only FORTUNE 500® company to be recognized on the 2010 WorldBlu's annual List of Most Democratic Workplaces™. Additionally, DaVita has received numerous industry and business awards, including FORTUNE, "World's Most Admired Companies" 2006-2010 ranking #1 in the field of Health Care Medical Facilities for Innovation, Long-Term Investment and Quality of Products/Services; MODERN HEALTHCARE, Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare; and MODERN HEALTHCARE, recognizing Kent Thiry, CEO, among the 100 most powerful people in health care.
Lifeline is dedicated to delivering quality vascular care to patients with a variety of chronic conditions, including those with End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) and Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD). Lifeline is Joint Commission accredited. Lifeline manages vascular access centers as well as owns such centers on its own or through joint venture partnerships.
DaVita's well-regarded law department counsels all businesses of the Company and provides legal support for all transactions. The attorneys are viewed as strategic business partners and work closely with each other and with senior management on a daily basis.
The DaVita in-house team is known as the “Justice League or the JLD”. The Justice League is comprised of over 160 attorneys, paralegals, and professionals. The Justice League values diversity, support and respect for each other, analytical rigor, commitment to professional development, and a passion for excellence.
- Position is a based at DaVita’s Headquarters in Denver, Colorado
- Mentoring, leadership and involvement with the broader JLD team of attorneys
- Exceptional opportunity for growth and experience in regulated industry with an entrepreneurial organization poised for growth
- Lead attorney for Lifeline – DaVita’s strategic business initiative dedicated to providing vascular access service
- Serve as legal point of contact with the business and senior leadership; providing operations and regulatory support
- Perform transactional and regulatory work and review with focus on structures and arrangements that could create risk under state and federal healthcare laws
- Provide general healthcare advice on compliance, regulatory and physician relationship issues including advice on Stark, Anti-Kickback, False Claims Act and physician entities
- Draft, review and negotiate service agreements with healthcare providers
- Review and advise on commercial agreements and marketing materials
- Coordinate with other legal groups on Regulatory, Risk, Compliance and Operational issues
- Provide accurate updates and reporting on organizational risks to leadership
- Ability to do handle legal and administrative work, help on management processes
- Outside counsel management; responsibility for legal budget
- Manage direct reports
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- J.D. Degree with minimum 6 years legal experience in healthcare
- Prior legal experience within healthcare field
- State Bar Admission and good standing
- Understanding and experience with relevant health care compliance issues (i.e., Anti-Kickback Statute, Stark, HIPAA, practice management issues)
- Strong communication skills, written and oral
- Unquestioned integrity
- Pragmatic problem solver
- Maturity and strong interpersonal skills; one whose counsel and judgment is sought
- A keen understanding of business, the ability to diagnose legal problems, and present sensible solutions and alternatives
- The ability to effectively manage time and resources to accomplish ambitious work volume and goals in budget
- A bright individual who is a "quick study" and grasps issues quickly
- Good stamina and humor; able to work well under pressure in a fast moving, dynamic company
- A team participant who can move beyond being just the lawyer to the team
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
To learn more about our Village and the world of dialysis, click here .
Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.