DaVita Specialist, Collections (Lab) in Deland, Florida
General Purpose of the Job:
The Specialist I, Collections (Lab) contacts insurance payers to collect payment on outstanding patient balances, researches and resolves problem accounts, and requests adjustments to patient accounts in order to maximize collections and achieve collections department performance goals. This position reports to the Supervisor, Patient Accounting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Initiates collection follow-up of all unpaid or denied claims with the appropriate payor
- Researches, appeals and resolves claim rejections, underpayments and denials with appropriate payor
- Responds to written payor communications as indicated with appropriate action in timely manner
- Processes claims and appeals by gathering information for appeals, requesting re-bills, typing appeals, scanning appeals, filing in the electronic claims library and mailing to the appropriate insurance company
- Requests patient dialysis treatment medical documentation from facilities for appeals
- Requests insurance changes through billing system as required during collections process
- Documents daily in the billing system all follow up and communication on a patient account in a consistent and concise format
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with clinical personnel, teammates and payor representatives
- Participates in team activities that promote DaVita culture and core values
- Understands and follows DaVita and department teammate safety and security policies
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Maintains confidentiality of all company and patient information in accordance with HIPAA regulations and DaVita policies
- Produces nominal negotiation skills
About DaVita Laboratories
DaVita Labs is a state-of-the-art clinical laboratory delivering timely, accurate lab results focused primarily on kidney care with a relentless commitment to quality. We serve more than 180,000 patients and perform 52 million renal tests annually. We make a difference. We enjoy what we do. Our teammates are best in class professionals who enjoy a challenging yet rewarding work environment where fun and hard work intermingle every day. From our laboratory professionals to our support roles, DaVita labs not only offers a career to fit each individual, it provides a community and a place to call home. As a labs teammate, you become a member of our community and you also become a citizen of something bigger, something great, and something unique - the DaVita Village. With the backing of the overall DaVita Healthcare Partners brand, we are on an exciting trajectory.
Check out our short video to hear directly from teammates as to why YOU should join OUR Village!
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Want to make an impact in Healthcare? Through science, technology, quality and education, we are committed to expanding discovery and empowering lives. This empowerment comes in many forms. From our laboratory professionals to our support roles, DaVita labs not only offers a career to fit each individual, it provides a community and place to call home.
- High School diploma or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 2 years related medical collections experience preferred
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in MS Excel, Outlook and an electronic accounts receivable system
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word
Join us as we pursue our vision " To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen . "
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
To learn more about our Village and the world of dialysis, click here .
Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.