DaVita IT Application Systems Analyst in Coppell, Texas
The Application Systems Analyst role will be responsible for working with closely with our Application Development team, corporate partners, and vendors to support medium to complex issues within our production applications and their host environments. This position will play an essential role in guaranteeing high availability of our production systems and minimizing delays in service to our patients.
Accountabilities and Deliverables:
- Reports up through DaVita Rx IT Tier 2 Support Team Management.
- Will be responsible for Tier 2 support of all Rx Production Applications.
- Responsible for working with our Application Development team, vendors and Release Management team to plan, implement, and test new releases into our production systems environment.
- Will be responsible for building working relationships with our vendor support representatives and Problem Management teams for driving for resolution of medium to complex issues.
- Will work closely with our operations teammates and business partners to fully understand the user functionality, pain points, and areas of improvements within our applications.
- Responsible for development of help documentation, troubleshooting procedures and training documentation to support our Service Desk teammates.
- Responsible for development, implementation, and maintenance of a formal production system Test Case Library and deployment documentation with revision control.
- Will act as a primary escalation point for production systems issues that are reported through Service Desk or DaVita Rx IT on call process and partner with Incident Manager for handling Major Incidents.
- Identify potential bug or opportunities for system enhancements, document and initiate detailed recommendations for enhancements
- Identify Incident and call patterns and develop a means to reduce calls to the service desk and create and implement call tree procedures to enhance the effectiveness of first call resolution
Understand, create and implement rules of engagement and service level agreements with business and IT Partners.
Work with upstream process managers to ensure proper division of work between the different pharmacy systems and other organizations per Rules of Engagement
- Review current processes, procedures, and system configurations and create Gap Analysis
Qualities That Will Make You Successful In This Position:
- Commitment to DaVita’s core values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, teammates, management, physicians, and/or vendors (Village Service Partners) in everyday performance and interactions.
- Ability to proactively and collaboratively resolve issues with a customer service oriented focus.
- Must demonstrate a high level of availability and accountability.
- High School Diploma plus 7 to 10 years’ experience in an IT Support Analyst role supporting production systems and applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 3 to 5 years’ experience in an IT Support Analyst role supporting production systems and applications.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of production databases and the ability to write and execute basic SQL queries necessary for troubleshooting production issues.
- Must have demonstrated experience in and fundamental understanding of hardware, software, networking and telecommunications
- Must have working knowledge of Windows Server 2003/2008, UNIX, and Linux operating systems.
- Must be customer service focused and have demonstrated the ability to form strong customer relationships and be a team player.
- Must have strong analytical, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Must be able to successfully assess situations and respond proactively to changing priorities through the effective use of time management and attention to details.
- Proven knowledge of Root Cause Analysis best practices
- MCSE, MCSA, CCNA, UNIX/Linux and SQL Certifications.
- Experience with Pharmacy Management Systems, Fair Fax, or McKesson/Automed Dispensing systems.
- Preferred candidate has 3 to 5 years’ experience building vendor relationships and driving for resolution of complex issues.
- Knowledge of Visual Basic, and .Net, applications.
- Knowledge of HP BSM tool suite.
About DaVita Rx
Created in 2005 to deliver prescription drugs to patients receiving care in DaVita dialysis clinics, DaVita Rx is the largest renal pharmacy in the U.S. and serves more than 196,000 patients in 46 states with four high-capacity pharmacies located in Texas, California, Florida and Arizona.We are a "community first, company second," with a team of extraordinarily committed, talented and entrepreneurial teammates who care about our patients, our colleagues and our community.We are dedicated to deliver our promise to provide the highest levels of quality care to help improve our patients' lives. DaVita Rx is a unique entrepreneurial opportunity in the context of a Fortune 200 company (DaVita Inc. | Ticker: DVA).Our rapid growth and pace of work provide our teammates with an exciting, challenging, dynamic and fulfilling work environment where you can truly make an impact.
The DaVita Village Difference
- Industry-leading patient care with clinical outcomes ranked above the national average.
- Dynamic leadership grounded in Core Values, Mission and clearly defined goals for you.
- Diverse, team-driven culture that supports you.
- Commitment to developing you and the chance to explore multiple career paths.
- Stability and strong financial results - 10 years of steady revenue growth.
- Performance-based compensation and rewards for your hard work.
- A commitment to the greater good: We are a community first, a company second.
To learn more about DaVita Rx, including a video, please click here .
Go to http://careers.davita.com/ to learn more or apply.
To learn more about our Village and the world of dialysis, click here .
Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.