DaVita Data Architect in Coppell, Texas
General Purpose of the Job:
The Data Architect will be responsible for developing the vision and implementation of a new data environment and an overall data management roadmap.This individual will also create short-term tactical solutions to achieve long-term best practices by collaborating with IT and the Business, to assess and to determine data governance, stewardship and frameworks for managing enterprise data across the organization.This individual will act as the primary advocate for data management standards, establish best practices to assure metadata accuracy, and identify opportunities for data reuse and data migration.The role will lead to an expansion of the company’s use of data as a strategic enabler of corporate goals and objectives.The Data Architect will achieve this by designing, developing, and implementing data models at the enterprise-level to support batch and OLTP applications and reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position requires demonstrated accomplishments in data architecture and data management assignments across a wide range of subject areas and techniques including:
- Analyze, develop and maintain DBMS architecture of Oracle/SQL Server OLTP and data warehouse environments.Primary duties will include data design, data integration, database architecture, metadata development, data governance (best practices) and data repository and data mart design for reporting
- Evaluate and enhance existing data infrastructure in coordination with business initiatives.
- Design fully attributed data models optimized for applications support.
- Design and review database schemas leveraging inherent DBMS capabilities to ensure data integrity, quality and consistency across the enterprise.
- Make recommendations for the selection and implementation of the appropriate tools, software, applications, and systems to support data technology initiatives.
- Translate business needs into long-term information architecture solutions.
- Responsible for developing data warehouse blueprints, evaluating hardware and software platforms and integrating systems.
- Conduct data quality initiatives to rid systems of old, unused, or duplicate data (profiling, auditing, cleansing).
- Champion efforts such as master data management (MDM), business intelligence (BI), data integration, and related information management components.
- Evaluate the effects of regulatory guidelines (such as privacy requirements), compliance-related guidance (such as data retention) and emerging industry standards to determine their impacts on the Enterprise.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Minimum Qualifications :
Minimum 7 years work experience as a Data Architect, 10 years preferred.
3+ years’ experience with database design and optimization on Oracle or SQL Server database platform.
- Demonstrated strength in data architecture (both OLTP transactional, real-time databases as well as Data Warehousing & Data Marts).
- Demonstrated strength in data modeling of fully attributed models (Normalization, Star Schema).
- Demonstrated expertise with repository creation and data and information system life cycle methodologies.
- Hands-on experience with data architecting, data mining, large-scale data modeling, and business requirements gathering/analysis.
- Strong understanding of relational data structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Direct experience in implementing enterprise data management processes, procedures, and decision support.
- Exposure to OLAP and Reporting tools (Cognos).
- Excellent client/user interaction skills for requirements gathering.
- Hands-on knowledge of enterprise repository tools, data modeling tools (Informatica or ETL), data mapping tools, and data profiling tools.
- Strong Data Analysis and Data Architecture skills.
- Expertise in one or more CASE tools (ERwin, ER/Studio, etc.).
- Strong ANSII SQL skills.
- Strong knowledge of Master Data Management (MDM) and associated processes.
- Strong knowledge of metadata management and associated processes.
- Ability to define and manage data and metadata migration
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related discipline.Advanced degree or relevant education preferred.
- Some application development experience
- Experience with business requirements analysis, entity relationship planning, database design and reporting structures.
- Oracle Database Administration experience preferred.
Essential Behaviors, Skills and Attitudes Required for Success in the Position:
- Ability to work effectively in a matrixed organization.
- Ability to clearly explain technical concepts to non-technical teammates.
- Self-directed; able to work independently; demonstrated ability to work in a team, facilitate effective team interactions, and to foster a positive work environment; willingness to assist teammates in order to achieve departmental goals.
- Demonstrated strengths in organizational, attention-to-detail, follow-through, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills including ability to listen attentively and to communicate information clearly and effectively.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to seek underlying assumptions through probing, questioning, and listening.
- Strong organizational and planning skills – keeps self and others well organized and on task.
About DaVita Rx:
Created in 2005 to deliver prescription drugs to patients receiving care in DaVita dialysis clinics, DaVita Rx is the largest renal pharmacy in the U.S. and serves more than 190,000 patients in 46 states with three high-capacity pharmacies located in Texas, California, Florida and Arizona.We are a "community first, company second," with a team of extraordinarily committed, talented and entrepreneurial teammates who care about our patients, our colleagues and our community.We are dedicated to deliver our promise to provide the highest levels of quality care to help improve our patients' lives. DaVita Rx is a unique entrepreneurial opportunity in the context of a Fortune 500 company (DaVita Inc. | Ticker: DVA).Our rapid growth and pace of work provide our teammates with an exciting, challenging, dynamic and fulfilling work environment where you can truly make an impact.
You must meet the qualifications for the job you are filling, with proper licensing (if applicable) to meet federal and state licensing requirements.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.