DaVita Team Lead Patient Collections in Chandler, Arizona
This position provides day-to-day leadership, workflow distribution, reporting, subject matter expertise, and day-to-day work support to the Patient Collections team who is responsible for contacting patients to obtain payments and resolve discrepancies of co-pays, deductibles and other amounts deemed patient responsibility by the insurance carrier.
Duties & Responsibilities
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
• Coordinate daily work of team and participate as necessary to ensure work is completed accurately and compliantly within established timelines
• Assist teammates with issues on daily tasks and production
• Participate on team for the development and implementation of process, system, and workflow changes
• Partner with IT to create tickets and to identify and test solutions
• Respond to pharmacy management and/or teammates’ questions on process and technical improvements for cash posting and related problem resolution
• Perform periodic quality review of teammate work including but not limited to accuracy of posting, cover sheets, updating and review of cash posting spreadsheet, tracking and processing of 835 files
• Resolve bank reconciliation issues
• Train, motivate, coach, and develop teammates
• Identify issues and opportunities for overall team training; facilitate process changes
• Collaborate with supervisor as requested on hiring decisions, teammate retention, professional development and training opportunities; provide performance feedback as requested
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned including but not limited to:
• Work overtime with little or no notice as needed
• Know, understand, and follow teammate guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures
• Consistent, regular, punctual attendance as scheduled is an essential responsibility of this position
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills including ability to listen attentively and to communicate information clearly and effectively
• Demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional groups
• Demonstrated interpersonal, collaborative, and relationship-building skills; ability to interact positively with teammates at all levels across the company
• Demonstrated time management skills and ability to work independently, handle multiple priorities concurrently with shifting time frames, and meet deadlines; self-starter with high degree of initiative, urgency, and follow through
• Highly organized and deadline oriented with demonstrated attention to detail
• Demonstrated willingness, desire, and ability to develop teammate performance
• Demonstrated ability to motivate a team with confidence in work processes and goals
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team, facilitate effective team interactions, and to foster a positive work environment; willingness to assist teammates in order to achieve departmental goals
• Strong customer service skills and commitment to service excellence-proactively communicate and respond promptly to teammate needs
The Shining Star in this role should have:
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, or related field is preferred
• Minimum of two (2) years’ prior experience in healthcare or insurance performing billing, collections, and/or cash posting job functions required
• Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (including Word and Outlook), with advanced proficiency in Excel required
• Basic understanding of EDI terminology -Basic awareness in: virtual private networks, Internet protocols, and multi-tier environments
• Knowledge of HCPCS, CPT, ICD-9 and ICD-10 coding preferred.
The DaVita Village Difference
Industry-leading patient care with clinical outcomes ranked above the national average.
Dynamic leadership grounded in Core Values, Mission and clearly defined goals for you.
Diverse, team-driven culture that supports you.
Commitment to developing you and the chance to explore multiple career paths.
Stability and strong financial results - 10 years of steady revenue growth.
Performance-based compensation and rewards for your hard work.
A commitment to the greater good: We are a community first, a company second.
To learn more about DaVita Rx, including a video, please click here .
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply. Or send your resume to Name, Title, at first name.last firstname.lastname@example.org .
To learn more about our Village and the world of dialysis, click here .
Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.