DaVita Employee Relations Manager/Investigator in Boston, Massachusetts
At DaVita, we find that our best leaders are those who create an inspiring vision for the future and empowers their team to achieve success. They have always enjoyed tackling difficult problems and believe that the best way to solve them is through collaborative, team efforts. They take ownership of results and instill accountability in those they lead. They are driven, strong communicators, relationship builders, and find real fulfillment in challenging work.
Sound like you? Then you might be a great fit for an Employee Relations Manager role with DaVita.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
This People Services (PS) position is an integral member of the PS Teammate (Employee) Relations team for assigned segments of DaVita’s business, providing subject matter expertise in teammate relations and investigations. This position is responsible for investigating and responding to internal and external complaints, and handling other complex, high-risk or sensitive Teammate relations (TMR) cases. This position reports to the Director of Teammate Relations and partners closely with operations, field people services, legal, compliance and Teammate Relations Advisors
- Investigate and respond to internal and external complaints, and handle other complex, high-risk, or sensitive TMR cases
- Provide consultation, guidance and coaching to supervisors, managers and People Services Managers (PSMs) to address teammate behavior and performance concerns; provide guidance and assist with the development and delivery of appropriate feedback or corrective/disciplinary actions
- Partner with legal team to prepare strategy and responses to third-party EEOC, OFCCP, and other governmental charges and requests as well as threatened litigation; participate as needed with legal cases
- Partner with field People Services on as-needed basis, keeping field PS and the business appropriately informed and involved during investigations and other teammate relations work
- Work with field people services and business managers to appropriately address high risk TMR issues, report findings and proactively address trends impacting the business; act as subject matter expert for teammate relations training developed by PSMs
- Provide guidance and assist with delivery of Performance Improvement Plans or other corrective/disciplinary actions for sensitive cases
- Maintain required documentation within case management system (i-Sight), including intake, investigative notes, supporting documents and final report
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of the laws and policies affecting the TMR processes, programs and/or strategies; monitoring changes is laws and policies improve TMR initiatives to continuously align with legal and regulatory guidelines
- Leverage analytical findings of TMR data to identify organizational, functional, and systemic trends
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to identify and define problems as well as develop and recommend fact-based solutions
- Ability to prepare comprehensive investigative reports and present ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, as well as review the work of others and provide appropriate conclusions and feedback
- Ability to research and analyze information to arrive at valid conclusions, action plans, and recommendations when appropriate
- Solid working knowledge of PS/HR policies and procedures, state and federal employee relations laws and regulations, and general HR administration
- Maintains confidentiality as required; demonstrates sound business and professional ethics
- Must have strong problem-solving and organizational skills, as well as strong attention to detail and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to travel domestically up to 20% of time (can be unpredictable/unplanned)
Education & Experience
- Extensive experience conducting and documenting workplace investigations required
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Human Resource Management or other related field preferred, Master’s Degree preferred
- Five (5) or more years of HR experience; three (3) years of which must be with employee relations and investigations responsibility
- Certified Professional (PHR) or Senior Professional (SPHR) in Human Resources preferred
- Large, multi-site company experience preferred
- Subject matter expert in one or more specialized regulatory areas (e.g. EEOC, ADA) or TMR areas of expertise preferred
Join us as we pursue our vision " To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen . "
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
To learn more about our Village and the world of dialysis, click here .
Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn
is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita
makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience,
and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.