DaVita *Willing to train* Registered Nurse ( Hemodialysis RN ) HIRING EVENT 5/11 & 5/12 in Austin, Texas
Interview & Hiring Event – Hiring multiple
RNs for Austin
(FULL TRAINING PROVIDED)
- When? Thursday 5/119am-5pm & Friday 5/12 9am-12pm
- Where? DaVita RegionOffice, 1701 Directors Blvd, Suite 510, Austin, 78744 (5th Floor)
- Parkinglocated on 3rd floor of building
- What? Interviewson-site with leadership (bring 2-3 copies of your resume)
- To RSVP,
apply to position directly. A Recruiter will contact you on next steps.
As a Dialysis Nurse in training, you will improve the lives, form lasting relationships, and have fun at work.
As part of our professional team of clinicians, you will ensure the compassionate, professional delivery of all dialysis-related nursing services in an outpatient setting. As a nurse at DaVita you will constantly be working in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment with new challenges to trouble-shoot and overcome. Make the most of your nursing skills to provide the highest level of care to our patients and ensure their safety, comfort, and wellbeing.
Our STAR Program is a 9-10 week paid training period in which you will gain the dialysis skills needed for a career at DaVita.
What can you expect working as a Registered Nurse at DaVita?
Patients - Help patients improve their quality of life by delivering outstanding clinical outcomes.
Success at a DaVita dialysis facility is measured by how well patients respond to their dialysis treatments. As an RN you work with a team to ensure that each patient receives the best care possible, and in turn lives a healthier life outside of the clinic.
Relationships - Build long-term bonds with your patients and their families.
As a dialysis nurse you see your patients three to four times each week for a few hours at a time, while they receive their treatments. The dialysis lifestyle can be very trying for our patients. By forming relationships with them, our nurses understand each patient's unique needs and help ease some of their burden.
Team - Your team supports one another and creates a fun work environment.
Give me a T, give me an E, finish it up with an A and an M - what's that spell? TEAM! We have seven Core Values that we live and work by and Team is one of them. We work hard - sometimes under pressure - but we work together with the common goal of delivering the best patient care and supporting each other in the process.
- We definitely work as a Team. It can be stressful at times and having a good Team means that we all help each other out despite our job title. I've worked in other clinics and there is nothing like what we have here. - Elizabeth B.
Some details about this position:
- You will be trained for 9-10 weeks with a class of new teammates at a training clinic or facility
- Hours of work may vary during the training period; however, you will typically be working between 32-40 hours per week during training
- Your training will include a combination of classroom and hands-on learning
- At the end of your training, our intent is to find you a position within Austin, in our El Milagro facility
- This position may require that you will be willing to float to various clinics during and after your training
- You must have a flexible schedule and able to work mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays
A Shining Star RN should have:
- Current RN license in the state of practice
- Current CPR certification required
- ICU, CCU, ER, or Med Surg experience is preferred
- CNN or CDN preferred
- A.D.N from accredited school of nursing required; B.S.N preferred; three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be substituted for nursing degree
- Completed training program approved by the medical director and the governing body as required by CMS guidelines prior to operating the water treatment system
- Experience assessing, trouble shooting and making sound recommendations in stressful situations
- Flexibility like a gymnast - okay, not literally. What we mean is someone who thrives in an environment that is constantly changing and will face new challenges head-on.
- Excellent communication skills to listen and communicate with patients and teammates
- The ultimate multi-tasker, who has great time management skills and can prioritize their responsibilities
Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of your patients and enjoy the support of a stellar team? If so, we'd like to speak with you.
Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn
DaVita is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.