DaVita RN Educator in Aurora, Colorado
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Patient/Clinical Trainer is responsible for all
clinical training that teaches and integrates DaVita policies, procedures,
and dialysis theory for the treatment of ESRD (End-Stage Renal Disease) or
CKD (Chronic Kidney Disease) patients for nursing positions in the region
assigned. Position provides timely and effective technical clinical training
to new nurses and ongoing clinical training to all similar teammates in the
division/region assigned. Position also provides local in-services (classes
using didactic/lecture method) as well as other education and skill checks as
needed. Position may assist Facility Administrators (FAs) in presentation of
mandatory in-services and other continuing education programs as requested.
Position may also provide training to Patient Care Technicians as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ascertains specific training needs in
the division or region facilities and implement a plan to address these needs
• Monitors state regulations to ensure DaVita training programs meet
or exceed requirements. Maintains current clinical knowledge
and ensure that clinic training and education needs are met in accordance
with DaVita’s policies, procedures, and guidelines, as well as OSHA, CMS,
AAMI, HIPAA, federal state and local regulations
• Orients and provides direct clinical instruction to new
Registered Nurses and Patient Care Technicians (as time allows) in basic
dialysis clinical skills and procedures including but not limited to machine
setup, patient assessment, and documentation skills. Monitors and document
weekly progress and provide validation feedback to the new clinical teammate,
facility administrator, facility preceptor, and the Director of Clinical
May partner with Clinical Services Specialists and
facility preceptors to provide hands-on training
• Provides continuing education and in-services/materials
to teammates to improve knowledge base and to meet regulatory and safety
requirements on an as needed basis Participates in the development and
ongoing revision of educational materials
Models DaVita mission and values to all new and current
• Provides support, continuing education, and ongoing
mentoring to local facility preceptors
• Provides oversight for annual competencies of all RNs
within assigned region and complete skills checklist as required by state
• May participate with FA to select facility preceptors
and provide appropriate training to encourage preceptor retention. May assist
in conducting facility preceptor training programs
May collaborate with Clinical Services Specialist (CSS) to
monitor facility preceptors and to ensure compliance with DaVita policies and
Conducts preceptor quarterly meetings and in-services for
May collaborate with the CSS to monitor the
implementation of clinical policies and procedures in the facility
o Creates and
cultivates a sense of community and belonging for RNs in the geographic
area to foster RN retention and aid in meeting retention goals
• Provides written activity reports to the
Director of Clinical Services and ROD as requested
• Travel required: up to 50% within assigned
region; amount may vary by week
• May perform other duties as assigned
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
• A.D.N degree from accredited school of
nursing required; B.S.N preferred; three-year diploma from accredited diploma
program may be substituted for nursing degree
• Current RN
license in state of practice required
• Minimum of one (1) year’s
nephrology patient care experience in dialysis delivery and the treatment
of renal disease required
• Demonstrated knowledge of DaVita
dialysis delivery systems (specifically all dialysis machines in assigned
• Current CPR certification
• CNN, BONENT, or NNCO
• Graduate of DaVita Preceptor
• Current driver’s license in state
of residence and insurable driving record required
• Demonstrated understanding of
principles of adult education required
• Experience in teaching the adult
learner with sound knowledge of adult learning theory and ability to
present material to differing levels of base knowledge from novice to
professional (i.e. the ability to change teaching style to accommodate
learners’ needs) preferred
• Intermediate computer skills and
proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required; ability to
use the Internet efficiently for research required; functional proficiency
in all computer systems of DaVita including but not limited to SNAPPY,
DUCK, etc. within 90 days of hire required
Join us as we pursue our vision " To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen . "
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
To learn more about our Village and the world of dialysis, click here .
Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex,gender identity,sexual orientation, national origin, disability orprotectedveteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.